How Much do Massage Guns Cost?
There is nothing quite like a massage. Whether your muscles are tensed up from a high-powered HIIT class, or you’re stressed out from overload at the office, a massage can completely transform the way your body feels and give you a more relaxed, soothed feeling. But finding time for an hour massage regularly can be challenging. Not anymore, thanks to the invention of the handy massage gun.
How much do massage guns cost? In general, you can expect to pay $400 to $700 for a high-end massage gun that comes with a variety of controls and features. However, there are less expensive models that can also get the job done. Learning to operate them may be more difficult, but some have similar features to the more expensive models.
If you’re considering adding this handy gadget to your relaxing routine, one important thing to consider is the pricing. You might have heard that it costs an arm and a leg to get your hand on a massage gun, but that isn’t always the case. We are going to discuss what a massage gun is, the benefits, how much they truly cost, and some great options for cost-effectiveness.
What is a Massage Gun?
A massage gun is essentially exactly how it sounds: a gun that is used to provide massaging to one’s body. These nifty little gadgets can be used by individuals in the comfort of their homes, whenever they need it. You simply ‘point and shoot’ at the pain and let the massage gun work its magic to relieve aches and pains- just make sure not to put the gun directly on the aching area.
How Much do Massage Guns Cost?
High-end massage guns that come with all the bells and whistles can be pricey. Most top-notch models are going to land you anywhere from $400 to $700 dollars. Now, for the chiropractor or athlete, it may be a good idea to ‘go big or go home’ since they will be getting a lot of use out of their massage gun.
But what about someone who is just looking to use the massager a few times a week after work? Or the weekend warrior who indulges in running a couple of miles here and there? Is there a more cost-effective solution, or is shelling out several hundred dollars the only option?
The good news for anyone looking to buy a massage gun without emptying their bank account is that there are several quality massage guns on the market for less than $200. These massage guns offer the same level of intensity and pressure you’re seeking without the hefty price tag.
The only potential downside to a cost-effective massage gun model is that they may be slightly trickier to operate. However, if you take the time to face the learning curve head-on and learn how to use your model, you should not have an issue with spending less on this gadget. Take a good look at the instruction manual, use YouTube as your friend, and be patient while you learn to operate your massage gun.
Why Should You Buy a Massage Gun?
How Does it Work?
Massage guns operate on something known as the ‘pain gate theory. “The theory believes that it is possible to ‘deceive’ the nervous system, thereby reducing pain.”
Massage guns will either use a thumping or circular motion to produce the ‘massage’ on the body (otherwise known as percussion massage). The guns will come with a variety of different speeds and levels of pressure to ensure you’re getting the massage your muscles and joints want and need.
During the massage, you will also increase overall blood flow and help facilitate recovery by decreasing the impact of delayed muscle onset soreness (DOMS) that often follows a tough workout.
Who Needs a Massage Gun?
Virtually anyone who is seeking to find relief from pain, stiffness, and stress can find great use of a massage gun. These can be used for personal use at home or by professionals—such as chiropractors or physical therapists–in their line of work.
What are the Benefits of a Massage Gun?
Knowing that some models can range up to $700 can leave you questioning whether a massage gun is worth the price. While you don’t have to spend that much on your massage gun, it’s still important to know the main reasons why you should bother adding one to your nightstand in the first place.
Did you know that according to 8 Benefits people do not know about how massages can improve you, a one hour massage is the same thing as getting 7 to 8 hours of good sleep? This is just one of the major advantages surrounding a massage and will leave you feeling refreshed and more alert when you’re done.
Let’s take a look at some of the other top benefits of a massage gun, with inspiration from TOP 10 BENEFITS OF A MASSAGE GUN:
- They are portable and easy to use. Finding time in our busy schedules for a trip to the massage studio regularly can be a challenge, let alone financially prohibitive if you want to attend regularly. The good thing about a massage gun is they are small and portable, so you can use them in your home or on-the-go. They are also easy to operate, even if you are technically challenged.
- You can achieve similar results as a deep tissue massage. Let’s face it, nothing compares to a massage by a trained and licensed massage therapist. However, if you’re just wanting to relax post-workout or have had some type of injury and need a little TLC, the massage gun can provide you with relief and powerful healing. The percussion massage works to relieve pressure and pain while also improving blood and oxygen flow.
- The massage guns help relieve symptoms of delayed muscle onset soreness (DOMS). DOMS is a common occurrence when someone is strenuously working out, leading to musculoskeletal exhaustion and discomfort. The massage guns help to facilitate recovery, leaving you ready to conquer your next challenge with ease.
- Activates and relaxes the nerves. The unique percussion massage of a massage gun can help to stimulate and activate the nerves, which in turn releases tension in the body.
- Increased flexibility. Massage guns work in all areas of the body. With consistent use, joints become less strained and, in turn, improve your overall flexibility while also staving off injuries, sprains, and soreness in the future.
To put it simply, anyone who is looking to improve their overall wellness while getting rid of tension, pain, and soreness, should consider looking into purchasing a massage gun. They work below the skin to truly transform your body and keep you feeling refreshed and ready for the next challenge in life.
Massage Gun Recommendations
At this point, there is truly no questioning whether a massage gun is worth it or not. They can completely change your life from a stress-ridden, muscle-aching mess to a joyful experience that helps you feel brand new. If you’re not looking to spend $400+ at this time, then we have some great recommendations for top-notch massage guns under $400. Let’s take a look:
Top Pick For Massage Gun Under $100: Hethtec Handheld Deep Tissue Percussion Muscle Massager
No, you’re not dreaming. The Hethtec Handheld Deep Tissue Percussion Muscle Massager is under $100, which makes it a great option for anyone who is short on cash but isn’t short on aches and pains. For less than $100 you can get your hands on this nifty gadget that comes with all the basic features one might need, including:
- Relaxing deep muscle treatment. With waves or relaxation that can reach 12mm below the skin (1.67 times more than the average massage gun), you can rest assured your muscles and joints will feel better than ever before. Get ready for a killer workout and finish your routine with this massage gun that relaxes and rejuvenates with ease.
- It comes with 6 different massage heads. With 6 different types of massage heads featuring their own unique shapes, it’s never been easier to get the exact massage you need for certain areas on the body. For instance: bulk muscle groups might require a larger head, while smaller areas like the calf or neck might feel better with a smaller head. Mix and match to perfection.
- 20 speeds to choose from. Choose between 1200 and 3300 beats per minute to get the intensity your body needs to be free of pain, aches, and stress. Using the easy-to-use LED touch screen, simply press the plus or minus button to change the speed and feel fabulous.
- Long-life battery. You won’t have to wait all day to enjoy a massage. The lithium battery is fully charged and ready to operate in as little as 2 to 3 hours and can last for 6 to 8 hours . . . so, go ahead and throw that massage party you’ve been dreaming about!
- High-quality motor. The brushless motor brings the power to the massage without too much noise, even when massaging at full capacity.
- Easy to operate and handle. Two LED touch screens make it easy to switch up the massage while also staying notified about the battery levels. Completed with an ergonomic handle, this compact massage gun is comfortable and won’t slip while you relax.
You won’t regret this pick. With over 185 positive 5-star reviews on Amazon, you can feel confident that this massage gun can get the job done.
Top Pick for Massage Gun Under $150: Massage Gun Deep Tissue Percussion Muscle Massager By DarkIron
If you’re willing to spend a bit more on your massage gun, then look no further than this spectacular model from DarkIron. For around $120, you can indulge in everything this top-rated massage gun has to offer. Did we mention it currently holds 5 stars on Amazon? Let’s take a closer look:
- Full-body massage capabilities. This percussion massager is an easy-to-use, compact, handheld device that offers a deep massage for the entire body. It works to soften the tissues, stimulate the muscles, and improve your overall bodily functions from blood circulation to releasing fascial adhesions within the muscle.
- Different heads for different areas. With four different heads to choose from- round, flat, fork, and bullet- it’s easy to get the right ‘fit’ for just about every body part. Use the round ball head to destress major muscle groups with the bullet head works hard to handle joints and trigger points.
- Easy to use with plenty of battery life. Completed with a rechargeable battery that can last up to a whopping 6 hours, it’s never been easier to use a hand massager whenever you want. There are 6 different speeds to switch between and little to no noise – even when powered all the way up.
This massage gun is truly one of the best and easiest to use massagers on the market. Switch between the different massage heads and speeds to get the ideal massage, whether you need to relax after sitting at your desk for 10 hours or just completed a 5k.
Top Pick for Massage Gun Under $200: TOLOCO Massage Gun, Upgraded Handheld Muscle Deep Tissue Muscle Massager
A bit steeper in pricing but still relatively cheap is the massage gun by TOLOCO. This wonderful deep tissue massager boasts over 250 positive reviews and 5 stars on Amazon, so you know you’re getting a quality product that leaves you with a soothed feeling. Here are some great features you will find with this gadget:
- Deep tissue massage with multi-frequency vibration capabilities. Pair percussion massaging with vibrations for an ultimate massage right from your office or home. The vibrations work with the motions to help relieve stiffness and soreness while ensuring that your range of motion and blood circulation increases.
- Comfortable and convenient. This massage gun includes a non-slip handle that is also anti-sweat, so you can feel confident using this massager as long as you please.
- Three speeds of vibration. Switching between different speeds is essential when dealing with different parts of the body. With a simple push of the button, these speeds range from 1800 to 3200 and can satisfy your needs.
- Improved performance and heat dissipation. While other models might heat up after extended use, this massage gun comes complete with efficient heat dissipation that not only avoids gadget heat-up but ensures the performance of your product.
- Six different massage heads. With 6 massage heads to choose from, you can more accurately massage different spots on the body.
- Quiet and compact. With a 24V brushless motor, this model is quiet while it works, even with the power on high. It’s compact and lightweight, so taking it on-the-go to your out of town business meeting has never been easier.
A deep tissue massage awaits you with this sleek, classy, and ultimately hard-working piece of equipment. Switch the heads and kick up the vibration to make even the sorest muscles feel like new.
Top Pick for Massage Gun Under $300: Sonic LX Professional Percussion Massage Gun
Last but not least, we introduce you to the Professional Percussion Massage Gun by LifePro. This handy gadget is a bit pricier than the others mentioned on this list, but if you have a few extra dollars lying around, why not upgrade to a more expensive model that’s packed with features? With this massage gun, anything is possible, thanks to:
- Professional grade massage. If you want a massage gun that can deliver professional results, then you need this gadget. It’s designed to be a robust enough tool for professionals to use in their offices, as well as those who just want a quality massage at home. It is equipped with a powerful motor with 12mm of amps and speeds that can go as high as 3400 RPMs.
- Long-lasting battery. With just a single charge, you can enjoy 4 hours of this useful tool.
- Nine levels of intensity. Why settle for less? This massage gun ensures that any pain or stiffness is relieved thanks to 9 different settings that can treat almost any type of pain or injury throughout the body. Choose between a lower pressure of 15 Hz up to 55 Hz for extreme relief.
- Seven different brush heads. Being precise with your massage is key, and that’s why this model has lined you up with 7 different massage heads to choose from. Targeting has never been easier thanks to all the extras found in this massage gun.
This massage gun is an absolute steal at around $235.00. Sure, its price is on the high end, but it’s worth it to get the extra features. With this gadget, you can apply nine different levels of intensity to your massage, while rotating between seven brush heads makes it a cinch to find the relief you’re looking for.
Massage guns can range from less than $100 to $700, but that doesn’t mean that lower-priced models aren’t just as handy and useful. The important thing is to pay attention to the instructions on the massage gun and keep it from going directly onto the sore spot. Pay attention to special features and functions of available models to make the choice that’s right for you.
Richard A. Lehman, LMT, CSCS
The ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet Review Dietary crazes and trends come and go, but the science that supports some and not others doesn't fade away. Instead, scientists conduct more research to...
11 Best Types of Massage for Tennis Elbow A great game of tennis can leave you feeling on top of the world. However, it may also leave your outer elbow feeling sore, tight, and painful....